DirectX or Direct3D is also can be called a collection of APIs (application programming interface) that functions separately handle the sharing of tasks in permrograman or applications that are rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, 3D animation, video and audio. It is also widely used for computer games.
Dalah DirectX itself is actually a combination of Direct3D, DirectDraw, DirectMusic, DirectPlay, and DirectSound. DirectX SDK (software development kit) can be obtained free of charge or free from Microsoft.
DirectX itself is a combination of Direct3D, DirectDraw, DirectMusic, DirectPlay, and DirectSound. DirectX SDK (software development kit) can be obtained free of charge from Microsoft. The latest version for Windows Vista which was launched around January 2007 is DirectX 10
DirectX development team at Microsoft has always sought to improve and perfect performance by continuing to do an update on this program. In the latest version of DirectX the program has included the protection and performance updates, along with a number of features across all technologies, which can be accessed by applications using the latest version of the DirectX API. Settings DirectX End-User Runtime This will minimize the download size but requires a connection to the internet connection during setup.
DirectX latest version has some excellent features which include:
- Tessellation - Implemented on GPU to compute a smooth surface is curved so that more detailed graphic images, including a gaming character you are currently exploring. Allows game developers to find a model that is more subtle and more attractive.
- Multi-Threading - The ability to measure the scale of multi-core CPU which allows developers to have greater benefits with a multi-core CPUs.
- DirectComputer - Developers can harness the power of good graphics card to speed up the game, and non - gaming.
- Full support (including on all DX11 hardware features) on Windows Vista as well on the next windows version
- Compatible with DirectX 10 and 10.1 hardware, as well as support for the latest DirectX 11 hardware